Applying for the New Extended Tax Credit. Michael Ackerman Seattle Real Estate.

Michael Ackerman, a Seattle real estate agent, blogs about when you should apply for the New Extended Tax Credit. The form that you need to notify the IRS of your tax credit qualification is Form 5405 and can be found on the IRS website at You will want to wait a couple of weeks before sending in your credit request because the IRS needs to revise the Form 5405, as well as include the key instructions needed to get you a check from the government. The forthcoming version will incorporate the changes to the tax-credit program signed by President Obama on November 6th 2009. If you have any questions or comments, please send your email to [email protected] or visit